The population of Three Rivers is 93,966 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Three Rivers's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was per year. Three Rivers covers an area of 89 square kilometres (34 square miles) and has a population density of 1,058 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Three Rivers is predominantly white (86%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 14% of the population.
The median average age in Three Rivers in 2019 was 41.9, with over 18s representing 79.6% of the population. The sex ratio was 95.3 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Three Rivers was approximately 82,673 or 95%, while the rural population was around 4,644 or 5%.
The largest religious group in Three Rivers is Christians who account for 60% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 94.8% of people in Three Rivers, and spoken either well or very well by 5% of the remaining population. 0.6% reported having poor English language skills.
Main page: Three Rivers Population
The population of Three Rivers is 93,966 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Three Rivers grew by an estimated people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by .
Three Rivers's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was , which is
Three Rivers covers an area of 89 square kilometres (34 square miles) and has a population density of 1,058 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has by people per km2 over the past decade.
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 48.8% of Three Rivers's 93,966 population, while females made up 51.2% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 95.253 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Three Rivers, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 74,796.
Three Rivers's age structure shows the working-age population to be 57,574 which is 61.3% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 20.4% of the population, and over 65s represent 18.3% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 63.1% to 59.1%.
Three Rivers's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Three Rivers was 41.9 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 42.5 years, and the average male is 41.2 years.
Of the Three Rivers population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 1.9 to 1.
The life expectancy of someone born today in Three Rivers is 82 years. Split by gender, a girl born today in Three Rivers has a life expectancy of 84 years, and a boy has a life expectancy of 80 years. Compare life expectancy by area.
As a comparison, in England as a whole, current life expectancy at birth is 81 years, for females that rises to 83 years and for males it falls to 79 years.
The life expectancy for someone born in Three Rivers has risen by 2 years over the past decade, from a life expectancy of 80 years to a life expectancy of 82 years. In England as a whole, life expectancies have risen by 3 years.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Three Rivers is predominantly white (86.2%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 13.8% of the population.
Asian people were the largest minority group in Three Rivers accounting for 9.2% of the population.
1,610 or 2% of the Three Rivers population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Three Rivers were 3.3 in 2012 and 2.3 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.7, and 7.2 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Three Rivers is the 71 st happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.7 and were 7.3 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 8.1 and was 7.9 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Three Rivers is Christians, accounting for 59.9% of the population.
Three Rivers has a Muslim population of 1,947 which is 2.1% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics