The population of Mansfield is 109,351 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Mansfield's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was 0.0% per year. Mansfield covers an area of 77 square kilometres (30 square miles) and has a population density of 1,426 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Mansfield is predominantly white (97%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 3% of the population.
The median average age in Mansfield in 2019 was 42.1, with over 18s representing 81.1% of the population. The sex ratio was 97.0 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Mansfield was approximately 90,763 or 87%, while the rural population was around 13,703 or 13%.
The largest religious group in Mansfield is Christians who account for 62% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 96.3% of people in Mansfield, and spoken either well or very well by 2% of the remaining population. 1.1% reported having poor English language skills, and the remaining 0.2% spoke no English at all.
Main page: Mansfield Population
The population of Mansfield is 109,351 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Mansfield grew by an estimated 38 people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by 4,800.
Mansfield's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was 0.0%, which is 0.5% lower than the average population growth rate in Mansfield for the ten years before mid-2020 (0.5%).
Mansfield covers an area of 77 square kilometres (30 square miles) and has a population density of 1,426 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has increased by 63 people per km2 over the past decade.
Custom interactive dashboards built for your public or private sector business
Reports customised with your logo and company colour schemes
Get email notifications when new up-to-date data is added to your reports
Save your reports as PDFs or Word Docs
No upfront costs - we have affordable subscription plans
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 49.2% of Mansfield's 109,351 population, while females made up 50.8% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 96.953 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Mansfield, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 88,629.
Mansfield's age structure shows the working-age population to be 67,214 which is 61.5% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 18.9% of the population, and over 65s represent 19.6% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 64.6% to 61.7%.
Mansfield's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Mansfield was 42.1 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 43.0 years, and the average male is 41.2 years.
Of the Mansfield population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 2.3 to 1.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Mansfield is predominantly white (97.2%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 2.8% of the population.
Asian people were the largest minority group in Mansfield accounting for 1.2% of the population.
398 or 0% of the Mansfield population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Mansfield were 3.4 in 2012 and 3.5 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.4, and 6.8 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Mansfield is the 238 th happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.9 and were 7.0 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 8.2 and was 7.3 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Mansfield is Christians, accounting for 61.6% of the population.
Mansfield has a Muslim population of 563 which is 0.5% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics