The population of Malvern Hills is 79,445 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Malvern Hills's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was per year. Malvern Hills covers an area of 577 square kilometres (223 square miles) and has a population density of 138 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Malvern Hills is predominantly white (98%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 2% of the population.
The median average age in Malvern Hills in 2019 was 50.8, with over 18s representing 84.1% of the population. The sex ratio was 95.0 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Malvern Hills was approximately 35,525 or 48%, while the rural population was around 39,106 or 52%.
The largest religious group in Malvern Hills is Christians who account for 68% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 98.1% of people in Malvern Hills, and spoken either well or very well by 2% of the remaining population. 0.2% reported having poor English language skills.
Main page: Malvern Hills Population
The population of Malvern Hills is 79,445 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Malvern Hills grew by an estimated people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by .
Malvern Hills's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was , which is
Malvern Hills covers an area of 577 square kilometres (223 square miles) and has a population density of 138 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has by people per km2 over the past decade.
Custom interactive dashboards built for your public or private sector business
Reports customised with your logo and company colour schemes
Get email notifications when new up-to-date data is added to your reports
Save your reports as PDFs or Word Docs
No upfront costs - we have affordable subscription plans
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 48.7% of Malvern Hills's 79,445 population, while females made up 51.3% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 95 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Malvern Hills, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 66,825.
Malvern Hills's age structure shows the working-age population to be 44,418 which is 55.9% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 15.9% of the population, and over 65s represent 28.2% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 59.2% to 55.6%.
Malvern Hills's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Malvern Hills was 50.8 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 51.3 years, and the average male is 50.2 years.
Of the Malvern Hills population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 2.2 to 1.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Malvern Hills is predominantly white (97.6%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 2.4% of the population.
Asian people were the largest minority group in Malvern Hills accounting for 1.2% of the population.
151 or 0% of the Malvern Hills population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Malvern Hills were 3.1 in 2012 and 3.0 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.2, and 7.5 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Malvern Hills is the 342 nd happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.6 and were 7.5 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 7.8 and was 7.9 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Malvern Hills is Christians, accounting for 67.5% of the population.
Malvern Hills has a Muslim population of 197 which is 0.2% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics