The population of Knowsley is 152,452 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Knowsley's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was per year. Knowsley covers an area of 87 square kilometres (33 square miles) and has a population density of 1,762 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Knowsley is predominantly white (97%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 3% of the population.
The median average age in Knowsley in 2019 was 39.4, with over 18s representing 79.6% of the population. The sex ratio was 90.6 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Knowsley was approximately 144,900 or 99%, while the rural population was around 993 or 1%.
The largest religious group in Knowsley is Christians who account for 81% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 99.1% of people in Knowsley, and spoken either well or very well by 1% of the remaining population. 0.1% reported having poor English language skills.
Main page: Knowsley Population
The population of Knowsley is 152,452 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Knowsley grew by an estimated people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by .
Knowsley's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was , which is
Knowsley covers an area of 87 square kilometres (33 square miles) and has a population density of 1,762 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has by people per km2 over the past decade.
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 47.5% of Knowsley's 152,452 population, while females made up 52.5% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 90.615 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Knowsley, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 121,283.
Knowsley's age structure shows the working-age population to be 94,864 which is 62.2% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 20.4% of the population, and over 65s represent 17.3% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 64.6% to 61.8%.
Knowsley's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Knowsley was 39.4 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 40.9 years, and the average male is 37.7 years.
Of the Knowsley population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 2.0 to 1.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Knowsley is predominantly white (97.2%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 2.8% of the population.
Mixed people were the largest minority group in Knowsley accounting for 1.3% of the population.
505 or 0% of the Knowsley population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Knowsley were 3.4 in 2012 and 2.7 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.3, and 7.1 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Knowsley is the 286 th happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.7 and were 7.2 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 7.8 and was 7.7 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Knowsley is Christians, accounting for 80.9% of the population.
Knowsley has a Muslim population of 435 which is 0.3% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics