The population of Hambleton is 91,932 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Hambleton's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was 0.4% per year. Hambleton covers an area of 1,311 square kilometres (506 square miles) and has a population density of 70 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Hambleton is predominantly white (98%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 2% of the population.
The median average age in Hambleton in 2019 was 49.8, with over 18s representing 84.1% of the population. The sex ratio was 96.6 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Hambleton was approximately 16,832 or 19%, while the rural population was around 72,308 or 81%.
The largest religious group in Hambleton is Christians who account for 73% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 98.6% of people in Hambleton, and spoken either well or very well by 1% of the remaining population. 0.2% reported having poor English language skills.
Main page: Hambleton Population
The population of Hambleton is 91,932 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Hambleton grew by an estimated 338 people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by 2,330.
Hambleton's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was 0.4%, which is 0.1% higher than the average population growth rate in Hambleton for the ten years before mid-2020 (0.3%).
Hambleton covers an area of 1,311 square kilometres (506 square miles) and has a population density of 70 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has increased by 2 people per km2 over the past decade.
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 49.1% of Hambleton's 91,932 population, while females made up 50.9% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 96.587 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Hambleton, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 77,352.
Hambleton's age structure shows the working-age population to be 52,764 which is 57.4% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 15.9% of the population, and over 65s represent 26.7% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 61.5% to 59.9%.
Hambleton's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Hambleton was 49.8 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 50.9 years, and the average male is 48.7 years.
Of the Hambleton population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 2.3 to 1.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Hambleton is predominantly white (98.3%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 1.7% of the population.
Asian people were the largest minority group in Hambleton accounting for 0.7% of the population.
188 or 0% of the Hambleton population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Hambleton were 3.1 in 2012 and 3.4 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.3, and 7.7 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Hambleton is the 320 th happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.7 and were 7.8 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 7.6 and was 7.7 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Hambleton is Christians, accounting for 72.6% of the population.
Hambleton has a Muslim population of 234 which is 0.3% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics