The population of Cheshire East is 386,667 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Cheshire East's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was per year. Cheshire East covers an area of 1,166 square kilometres (450 square miles) and has a population density of 332 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Cheshire East is predominantly white (97%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 3% of the population.
The median average age in Cheshire East in 2019 was 46.4, with over 18s representing 82.0% of the population. The sex ratio was 95.9 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Cheshire East was approximately 299,520 or 81%, while the rural population was around 70,607 or 19%.
The largest religious group in Cheshire East is Christians who account for 69% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 97.4% of people in Cheshire East, and spoken either well or very well by 2% of the remaining population. 0.5% reported having poor English language skills.
Main page: Cheshire East Population
The population of Cheshire East is 386,667 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Cheshire East grew by an estimated people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by .
Cheshire East's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was , which is
Cheshire East covers an area of 1,166 square kilometres (450 square miles) and has a population density of 332 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has by people per km2 over the past decade.
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 49.0% of Cheshire East's 386,667 population, while females made up 51.0% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 95.94 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Cheshire East, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 317,128.
Cheshire East's age structure shows the working-age population to be 227,980 which is 59.0% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 18.0% of the population, and over 65s represent 23.1% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 62.8% to 60.3%.
Cheshire East's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Cheshire East was 46.4 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 47.3 years, and the average male is 45.4 years.
Of the Cheshire East population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 2.0 to 1.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Cheshire East is predominantly white (96.7%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 3.3% of the population.
Asian people were the largest minority group in Cheshire East accounting for 1.6% of the population.
1,402 or 0% of the Cheshire East population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Cheshire East were 3.0 in 2012 and 3.1 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.3, and 7.6 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Cheshire East is the 283 rd happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.7 and were 7.6 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 7.9 and was 7.8 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Cheshire East is Christians, accounting for 68.9% of the population.
Cheshire East has a Muslim population of 2,438 which is 0.6% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics