The population of Bromsgrove is 99,475 according to mid-2021 population figures published by the ONS. Bromsgrove's population growth rate between mid-2020 and mid-2021 was per year. Bromsgrove covers an area of 217 square kilometres (84 square miles) and has a population density of 458 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2021.
According to the latest 2021 census, the population in Bromsgrove is predominantly white (93%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 7% of the population.
The median average age in Bromsgrove in 2021 was 45.7, with over 18s representing 83.0% of the population. The sex ratio was 95.4 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2021, the urban population of Bromsgrove was approximately 74,018 or 79%, while the rural population was around 19,619 or 21%.
The largest religious group in Bromsgrove is Christians who account for 54% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 98.5% of people in Bromsgrove, and spoken either well or very well by 1% of the population. 0.2% reported having poor English language skills.
Main page: Bromsgrove Population
The population of Bromsgrove is 99,475 according to mid-2021 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2020 and mid-2021, the population in Bromsgrove grew by an estimated people, and in the ten years before mid-2021, the population grew by .
Bromsgrove's population growth rate between mid-2020 and mid-2021 was , which is
Bromsgrove covers an area of 217 square kilometres (84 square miles) and has a population density of 458 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2021. That figure has by people per km2 over the past decade.
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 48.8% of Bromsgrove's 99,475 population, while females made up 51.2% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 95.405 males to every 100 females in 2021. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 96 males to every 100 females in 2021.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Bromsgrove, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 82,563.
Bromsgrove's age structure shows the working-age population to be 59,710 which is 60.0% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 17.0% of the population, and over 65s represent 23.0% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from to .
Bromsgrove's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Bromsgrove was 45.7 years in 2019.
Of the Bromsgrove population over the age of 90, women outnumber men by 2.1 to 1.
The life expectancy of someone born today in Bromsgrove is 83 years. Split by gender, a girl born today in Bromsgrove has a life expectancy of 84 years, and a boy has a life expectancy of 81 years. Compare life expectancy by area.
As a comparison, in England as a whole, current life expectancy at birth is 81 years, for females that rises to 83 years and for males it falls to 79 years.
The life expectancy for someone born in Bromsgrove has risen by 3 years over the past decade, from a life expectancy of 79 years to a life expectancy of 83 years. In England as a whole, life expectancies have risen by 3 years.
According to the latest 2021 census, the population in Bromsgrove is predominantly white (93.1%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 6.9% of the population.
Asian people were the largest minority group in Bromsgrove accounting for 3.2% of the population.
766 or 1% of the Bromsgrove population are black according to the latest 2021 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 81%. 10% are Asian and 4% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
According to the latest 2021 census, the most populous religious group within Bromsgrove is Christians, accounting for 53.5% of the population.
Bromsgrove has a Muslim population of 859 which is 0.9% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 46% of the population is Christian, 7% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2023. Data sources: ONS Local statistics