The population of Bracknell Forest is 124,165 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Bracknell Forest's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was 1.3% per year. Bracknell Forest covers an area of 109 square kilometres (42 square miles) and has a population density of 1,135 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Bracknell Forest is predominantly white (91%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 9% of the population.
The median average age in Bracknell Forest in 2019 was 39.3, with over 18s representing 79.3% of the population. The sex ratio was 98.6 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Bracknell Forest was approximately 110,896 or 98%, while the rural population was around 2,309 or 2%.
The largest religious group in Bracknell Forest is Christians who account for 61% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 94.0% of people in Bracknell Forest, and spoken either well or very well by 5% of the remaining population. 0.5% reported having poor English language skills, and the remaining 0.1% spoke no English at all.
Main page: Bracknell Forest Population
The population of Bracknell Forest is 124,165 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Bracknell Forest grew by an estimated 1,616 people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by 10,469.
Bracknell Forest's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was 1.3%, which is 0.3% higher than the average population growth rate in Bracknell Forest for the ten years before mid-2020 (1.0%).
Bracknell Forest covers an area of 109 square kilometres (42 square miles) and has a population density of 1,135 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has increased by 96 people per km2 over the past decade.
Custom interactive dashboards built for your public or private sector business
Reports customised with your logo and company colour schemes
Get email notifications when new up-to-date data is added to your reports
Save your reports as PDFs or Word Docs
No upfront costs - we have affordable subscription plans
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 49.6% of Bracknell Forest's 124,165 population, while females made up 50.4% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 98.595 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Bracknell Forest, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 98,499.
Bracknell Forest's age structure shows the working-age population to be 79,883 which is 64.3% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 20.7% of the population, and over 65s represent 15.0% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 66.9% to 61.2%.
Bracknell Forest's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Bracknell Forest was 39.3 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 39.9 years, and the average male is 38.6 years.
Of the Bracknell Forest population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 2.1 to 1.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Bracknell Forest is predominantly white (90.6%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 9.4% of the population.
Asian people were the largest minority group in Bracknell Forest accounting for 5.0% of the population.
2,189 or 2% of the Bracknell Forest population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Bracknell Forest were 2.9 in 2012 and 3.2 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.5, and 7.4 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Bracknell Forest is the 184 th happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.6 and were 7.5 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 7.8 and was 7.7 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Bracknell Forest is Christians, accounting for 60.5% of the population.
Bracknell Forest has a Muslim population of 1,276 which is 1.0% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics