The population of Amber Valley is 128,829 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. Amber Valley's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was per year. Amber Valley covers an area of 265 square kilometres (102 square miles) and has a population density of 485 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Amber Valley is predominantly white (98%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 2% of the population.
The median average age in Amber Valley in 2019 was 46.1, with over 18s representing 83.2% of the population. The sex ratio was 96.4 males to every 100 females. Compare average age by area.
In 2011, the urban population of Amber Valley was approximately 98,840 or 81%, while the rural population was around 23,469 or 19%.
The largest religious group in Amber Valley is Christians who account for 61% of the population.
English is spoken as the main language by 98.9% of people in Amber Valley, and spoken either well or very well by 1% of the remaining population. 0.2% reported having poor English language skills.
Main page: Amber Valley Population
The population of Amber Valley is 128,829 according to mid-2020 population figures published by the ONS. In the year between mid-2019 and mid-2020, the population in Amber Valley grew by an estimated people, and in the ten years before mid-2020, the population grew by .
Amber Valley's population growth rate between mid-2019 and mid-2020 was , which is
Amber Valley covers an area of 265 square kilometres (102 square miles) and has a population density of 485 people per square kilometre (km2), based on the latest population estimates taken in mid-2020. That figure has by people per km2 over the past decade.
Custom interactive dashboards built for your public or private sector business
Reports customised with your logo and company colour schemes
Get email notifications when new up-to-date data is added to your reports
Save your reports as PDFs or Word Docs
No upfront costs - we have affordable subscription plans
According to mid-year population estimates published by the ONS in 2019, males account for 49.1% of Amber Valley's 128,829 population, while females made up 50.9% of the total.
The sex ratio (the number of males for each female in a population) was 96.364 males to every 100 females in 2011. In England as a whole, the gender ratio was 98 males to every 100 females in 2011.
Age statistics collected by the ONS show the adult population of Amber Valley, that is how many people there are over the age of 18, is 107,245.
Amber Valley's age structure shows the working-age population to be 78,398 which is 60.9% of the population. People under the age of 16 represent 16.8% of the population, and over 65s represent 22.4% of the population. The percentage of the population that is of working-age has decreased over the last 10 years from 63.7% to 60.6%.
Amber Valley's age pyramid shows how the population is distributed by age and gender.
The median average age of someone in Amber Valley was 46.1 years in 2019. Split by gender, the average female age is 46.6 years, and the average male is 45.5 years.
Of the Amber Valley population over the age of 90, girls outnumber boys by 2.6 to 1.
According to the latest 2011 census, the population in Amber Valley is predominantly white (98.1%), with non-white minorities representing the remaining 1.9% of the population.
Mixed people were the largest minority group in Amber Valley accounting for 0.8% of the population.
253 or 0% of the Amber Valley population are black according to the latest 2011 census.
In England more broadly the portion of the population that is white is 85.4%. 7.8% are Asian and 3.5% are Black.
Estimates of personal wellbeing in the UK are published by the ONS annually, with scores for anxiety, happiness, life satisfaction, and feeling that life is worthwhile. Overall scores are based on surveying a representative sample of the population and are scored out of 10 (.e.g for happiness 0 is 'not at all happy' and 10 is 'completely happy').
Levels of reported Anxiety in Amber Valley were 2.9 in 2012 and 3.0 in 2021. In the rest of England levels of Anxiety are currently 3.1.
Reported levels of Happiness in 2021 were 7.7, and 7.5 in 2012. In England, the average happiness indicator is currently 7.5. Of the 363 areas in England, Amber Valley is the 73 rd happiest area in England.
Life satisfaction scores for 2021 are 7.9 and were 7.7 in 2012. For the feeling that things done in life are worthwhile the 2021 level is 8.0 and was 8.0 in 2012.
According to the latest 2011 census, the most populous religious group within Amber Valley is Christians, accounting for 61.2% of the population.
Amber Valley has a Muslim population of 188 which is 0.1% of the population.
Compared to England as a whole, in England circa 59% of the population is Christian, 5% is Muslim, 2% is Hindu, and Buddhists, Sikhs and Jews each is around 1%. The remainder is split between people with no religion and those who decided not to identify a religion.
Source: Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2021. Data sources: ONS Local statistics